Are you an experienced and ambitious Transaction Manager looking for a new challenge and an
opportunity to advance your career?
If you are able to manage people and multiple properties in escrow simultaneously with tight
deadlines and the utmost consistency, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a dynamic Transaction Manager to lead our team, clients, and all other
parties in managing all of our properties in escrow from start to finish.
We’re agents who broker deals for our investor clients in Washington, Las Vegas,
Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and the Poconos Mountains. We help our clients source, analyze, and negotiate long/short-term rentals. This can a multifamily property as small as a duplex to as large as a 450+ unit apartment portfolio. When it comes to short term rentals, we focus on highly sought out destinations such as weekend getaway areas in the mountains or on the coast. We believe that by sharing our personal
investing experiences while simultaneously walking along each step of the way with our clients, we can inspire more investors to break into Real Estate Investing to truly earn passive income.
We’re seeking a Transaction Manager who is highly detail oriented, aggressive in moving
quickly, and an excellent proactive organizer and planner.
Our organizational values are the backbone of everything we offer at Team Kekoa. Our culture
is one of continuous adaptability, growth, innovation, and rising to the challenge. Our values are
● Have a growth mindset: Constantly innovate, improve, and grow as a human being and
as a member of our team.
● Take ownership: Take responsibility for your job outcomes and contribute to achieving
the best possible results for Team Kekoa, moving the company closer to our shared
vision and goals.
● Be mission-driven: Care about our clients and their aspirations and use this emotional
connection in daily decision making to maximize their experience.
Key Roles of a Transaction Manager:
● Accountable for all properties in Escrow.
● Accountable for all deliverables while a property is in Escrow.
● Leads all communications during the life of a transaction.
● Prepares all offers for clients.
1. Lead all communication unless intervention is needed where there is no apparent
solution. In this instance, the TM is supposed to bring the situation to their supervisor
with recommended courses of action.
2. Never jeopardize clients EMD unless otherwise agreed upon by proactively assessing
outcomes of situations that could inadvertently lead to our clients EMD being at risk of
loss by keeping detailed records on the daily summary and in Brokermint.
3. Conduct a weekly one-on-one call with all clients in escrow to highlight documents
currently in motion, and all top priorities requiring their attention with the game plan in
motion for addressing said priorities.
4. Attend a weekly one-on-one review call to assess what is going well, what is not going
well, what do we change moving forward, and what do we keep moving forward.
5. Submit a daily summary for each transaction in escrow highlighting the current status of
documents in motion and what urgent things need to be addressed with their current
course of action.
6. Manage all transactions in Escrow through Brokermint with a daily update on all the
outstanding documents for what is needed to complete said task.
7. Obtain licensing in all markets by the end of the first 90-day period to be held under
Team Kekoa at eXp Realty.
8. Prepare all offers within one hour of a client committing to moving forward on an offer
and completing the rest of the offer fitted with a pre-approval letter, POF’s, and a cover
Consistency: You have the utmost appreciation for maintaining rigid consistency. A
majority of the Transaction Manager’s role is focused on executing the systems in place
to the ‘t’ in order to execute on the overall mission.
Engineering New Systems: While consistency is the most important aspect of the role, a
close second is always being open to improvement and adapting the systems in place to
conform to the ever changing tides. There is never a perfect system and being able to
locate defects and implement a new course of action to mitigate risk is the name of the
game when working for a high-growth company such as ours.
Proactively Aggressive: Your ability to direct multiple parties in a transaction is
predicated on your willingness to take lead on proactively seeking out things that could
cause for a change in course of action by aggressively seeking out needed details to
ensure our ability to close the transaction smoothly.
Excellent Communication: Your ability to over-communicate will ensure that nothing slips
through the cracks and that all things that could potentially brew into a problem are
considered and addressed ahead of time.
1. Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
2. Honesty/integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what
is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
3. Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner.
Focuses on key priorities.
4. Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
5. Follow-through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
6. Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and
absorb new information.
7. Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
8. Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness.
9. Calm under pressure: Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
10. High standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the
11. Openness to criticism and ideas: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback
Upload your resume.
Task 2 (upload results to your Indeed application):
Complete the DISC profile: (DISC assessment: https://www.tonyrobbins.com/disc/).
We use the DISC profile to help guide us in making sure the job outcomes required for this
position are a natural fit for your personality and communication style as well as to help us
better understand how to work with you if/when you are brought on as a member of our team.
Task 3: Interview Task (upload PDF to your Indeed application)
Interview Tasks: Mini projects that are a key component of the hiring process, designed to
demonstrate a candidate’s aptitude, thought/creative process, and talent.
Team Kekoa prides itself on self-imposed innovation from every member of the team. The ability
to grow isn’t just a matter of being efficient but also a matter of being highly adaptable.
As a Transaction Manager, your role will be to execute on the current systems in place, but to
also achieve the standard of challenging the status quo on a never ending basis.
With this in mind, feel free to answer the following questions:
1. What have been some of your most significant innovations within your most recent role?
a. What problems did you identify?
b. What steps did you take to solve this?
2. What are you not consistent with?
3. Optimists are said to be too stuck in their ways while Pessimists are said to change their
ways too quickly. Which one are you?
● Hours: Full-Time (Monday - Friday with potential requests on the weekend)
● Job Type: Independent Contractor
● Contract Length: 180 days
● Job Location: Remote
● Travel: Occasionally (employee retreats once a year)
● Reason for Opening: Replacing the current Transaction Manager
● Pay: Compensation commensurate with experience
● PTO: 5 business days a year
● Holidays: All US recognized holidays
● Our hiring process includes three rounds of interviews
Ready to apply? Submit your application here.